Organising resources series

March 11, 2018Jenny

I don’t know about you, but I find organising resources for the children poses one of the biggest challenges to keeping our home tidy. Whether it is toys, craft materials, books, outdoor equipment or loose parts and learning resources, they all have to be stored somewhere, don’t they!

This is all in addition to the dilemma of what to keep and what to donate, in a spring clean or decluttering session… well, this year I want to plan carefully and only keep those items which we are definitely going to get good use of in the coming months and even years.

I even subtitied the Organising Resources board over on Pinterest as: Because who else has craft boxes and book shelves which are a hot mess?!

Thankfully, after reaching out to some other parents and childminders on social media, I’ve been collecting together some awesome tips, hints and hacks for organising resources in a home setting. By learning from each other, hopefully, we can all reach some of our goals for keeping learning materials accessible and usable but preventing them from overwhelming the space we have in our homes.

Stay tuned to the blog over the next week as we share some great guest posts, and over on Instagram follow and join in using the #tidylearningzone hashtag! Any organising or storage photos of children’s resources (books, toys and materials) are welcome, as we get stuck in to spring decluttering and tidying up. If you are in a setting (preschool or early years unit) we would love to see your photos, too, and hear about your hints for keeping those shelves neat and tidy!

This week you will see posts from:

Claire from The Ladybirds’ Aventures

Jo from Hummingbirds at Play

And Michelle from The Willow Tree

Hopefully we will inspire each other to get sorting and organising as spring arrives- don’t forget to join in using #tidylearningzone on Instagram!

Organising resources- guest series #organising #organizing #tidy

Tactical Tuesday at Joanna Victoria

The ladybirds' adventures
What My Fridge Says
Burnished Chaos

• Joanna Bayford

March 13, 2018 at 9:55 am

I definitely find it hard to organise Blake’s stuff as we live in such a small flat. I’ll definitely check out them posts.

1. Jenny

March 13, 2018 at 8:03 pm

Ah great, hope they will be useful for you. 🙂

• Organising Resources-Guest-The Willow Tree – Rabbit Ideas

March 15, 2018 at 5:53 pm

[…] third and final instalment today, in the Organising Resources series. I have loved sharing all of the ideas so far, and welcome to Michelle from The Willow Tree today- […]

• claire | the ladybirds’ adventures

March 16, 2018 at 7:12 pm

such a great idea for a series. thanks for joining #bloggerpinparty

• Hayley @ Mission: Mindfulness

March 18, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Ooooh I love the sound of the #tidylearningzone hashtag! It drives me crazy when all our craft stuff is messy – no one can face using it then which defeats the point of having it! #thesatsesh xx

1. Jenny

March 21, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Yes- I agree, I end up having a massive decluttering session and starting all over again!

• Karen | TwoTinyHands

March 22, 2018 at 2:42 am

Great idea! I’m forever clueless on how to sort stuff it’s Impossible and I’d never thought to look on Pinterest before for help!! I’ll have to spend an hour doing this now!! ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

• Claire @ The Ladybirds’ adventures

March 23, 2018 at 10:19 pm

Such a great idea for a series. Thanks for featuring me. Thank you for joining #bloggerpinparty

1. Jenny

March 24, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Thank you for the linky community!